Instructions for installing and running JDK1.1.8 source codes of two-pulse nutation NMR applet for crystal
We present, for WINDOWS-based computers, simplified instructions to install and to run the source codes of the two-pulse nutation NMR applet for a single crystal. We should read the detailed instructions given about the source codes of the one-pulse nutation NMR applet for a single crystal before starting.
Download JDK1.1.8 if you don't have it already.
Step 1: Install folders
(1) We create, if not yet, a folder called nmr-applet in our hard disk c.
(2) In the nmr-applet folder, we create another folder called TwoPulseXtal. The applet.html file (see Step 4) that supports the applet will be saved in the TwoPulseXtal folder.
(3) In the TwoPulseXtal folder, we create the ppmrmn folder, whose name must not be changed, because ppmrmn is involved in the Java files as a package.
Step 2: Download *.java files
We download the following seven Java files into the ppmrmn folder created in Step 1 by clicking on their links.
TwoPulseXtalJDK118.java (42 Kb)||
ComplexMat.java (7 Kb)|
Graph.java (10 Kb)||
RealMat.java (2 Kb)|
ListGentle.java (2 Kb)||
Jacobi.java (3 Kb)|
Nmr.java (2 Kb)|
Step 3: Compile *.java files
We open a DOS window. Then we select, copy, and paste the following green line(s) after the prompt (c:\windows>) to compile *.java files:
Step 4: Edit and run applet.html
(1) We select, copy, and paste the following green lines in a file of MS Bloc-notes.<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
<title>Nutation NMR applet for two-pulse sequence applied to a crystal</title>
codebase = "."
code = "ppmrmn.TwoPulseXtalJDK118.class"
name = "NMR-Applet"
width = "760"
height = "390"
hspace = "0"
vspace = "0"
align = "top"
>Applet for calculating and fitting the single crystal NMR line intensity of quadrupole spin excited by the two-pulse sequence.</applet>
(2) We save the file as applet.html in the TwoPulseXtal folder (See the image of Step 1).
(3) Clicking the icon of the applet.html file in the TwoPulseXtal folder will start the applet in the web browser.
A page of our web site describes the operation of this applet.