Instructions for installing and running the source codes of DQ Solomon echo nutation NMR applet for powder
We present, for WINDOWS-based computers, simplified instructions to install and to run the source codes of the DQ Solomon echo nutation NMR applet for a powder. We should read the detailed instructions given about the source codes of the one-pulse nutation NMR applet for a single crystal before starting.
Download JDK1.0.2 (3.8 Mb exe file)
and API doc (750 kb zip file)
if not yet.
Step 1: Install folders
(1) We create, if not yet, a folder called nmr-applet in our hard disk c.
(2) In the nmr-applet folder, we create another folder called DQSolomonEkoPowder. The applet.html file (see Step 4) that supports the applet will be saved in the DQSolomonEkoPowder folder.
(3) In the DQSolomonEkoPowder folder, we create the ppmrmn folder, whose name must not be changed, because ppmrmn is involved in the Java files as a package.
Step 2: Download *.java files
We download the following six Java files into the ppmrmn folder created in Step 1 by clicking on their links.
DQSolomonEkoPowder.java (61 Kb)||
ComplexMat.java (7 Kb)|
RealMat.java (2 Kb)||
Jacobi.java (3 Kb)|
Nmr.java (2 Kb)||
ListGentle.java (2 Kb)|
Step 3: Compile *.java files
We open a DOS window. Then we select, copy, and paste the following green line(s) after the prompt (c:\windows>) to compile *.java files:
Step 4: Edit and run applet.html
(1) We select, copy, and paste the following green lines in a file of MS Bloc-notes.<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
<title>Nutation NMR applet for DQ Solomon echo sequence applied to a powder</title>
codebase = "."
code = "ppmrmn.DQSolomonEkoPowder.class"
name = "NMR-Applet"
width = "700"
height = "390"
hspace = "0"
vspace = "0"
align = "top"
>Applet for calculating and fitting the powder NMR line intensity of quadrupole spin excited by the DQ Solomon echo sequence.</applet>
(2) We save the file as applet.html in the DQSolomonEkoPowder folder (See the image of Step 1).
(3) Clicking the icon of the applet.html file in the DQSolomonEkoPowder folder will start the applet in the web browser.
A page of our web site describes the operation of this applet.