We present, for WINDOWS-based computers, simplified instructions to install and to run the source codes of the denoising FID applet. We should read the detailed instructions given about the source codes of the SVD applet before starting.
Download J2SDK1.4.2_19 if required.
Step 1: Install folders
(1) We create, if not yet, a folder called svd-applet in our hard disk c.
(2) In the svd-applet folder, we create another folder called svd-tmp2. The applet.html file (see Step 4) that supports the applet will be saved in the svd-tmp2 folder.
(3) In the svd-tmp2 folder, we create the fidsvd folder, whose name must not be changed, because fidsvd is involved in the Java files as a package.
Step 2: Download *.java files
We download the following Java files into the fidsvd folder created in Step 1 by clicking on their links.
We download the following zipped folder into the svd-tmp2 folder created in Step 1 by clicking on its link.
We extract Jampack.zip folder.
Step 3: Compile *.java files
We open a DOS window. Then we select, copy, and paste the following green line(s) after the prompt (c:\>) to compile *.java files:
c:\j2sdk1.4.2_19\bin\javac c:\svd-applet\svd-tmp2\Jampack\*.java c:\svd-applet\svd-tmp2\fidsvd\*.java
Step 4: Edit and run applet.html
(1) We select, copy, and paste the following green lines in a file of MS Bloc-notes.<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
<title>SVD denoising FID applet</title>
codebase = "."
code = "fidsvd.SVDMVC.class"
name = "NMR-Applet"
width = "406"
height = "427"
hspace = "0"
vspace = "0"
align = "top"
>Applet for denoising FID.</applet>
(2) We save the file as applet.html in the svd-tmp2 folder (See the image of Step 1).
(3) Clicking the icon of the applet.html file in the svd-tmp2 folder will start the applet in the web browser.
A page of our web site describes the operation of this applet.